We love this New York Pizza recipe.It’s super quick to make and completely delicious.
It’s easy to understand why new York Pizza is loved the world over! Maybe it’s the simplicity of ingredients, mainly just cheese, and pepperoni. Pizza making can barely get more simple than that. A thin base pizza is not too filling, can be eaten on the run, and is meant to be shared.
The Simple Way To Make New York Pizza
We’ve spent a long time in the kitchen perfecting this one to make it as simple as possible and hope you enjoy the results. It’s not really hard work making pizza and you get to eat it afterwards.
Do You Want A Slice?
Glad you asked. New York Pizza is often sold by the slice. Interestingly, when you ask for a slice, be ready for a surprise. The slices are often cut in irregular shapes. It’s a bit different, but not all that important should you have the whole thing to yourself.
Never Made Dough Before?
Don’t worry about it, we’re using a tried and tested recipe and it’s really simple. We’ll explain how to do it below step by step. Getting the dough right is important but it’s not too difficult once you know-how. You may even start to refine it yourself to suit your own needs. Let’s see how we do it first.
Let’s Get Started On The Dough
This is super simple. All you need to do is get a big bowl and combine all the flour, oil, warm water, and yeast. In this recipe, there is no reason to wait for it to bloom the yeast, you just add it all together at the one time. We prefer to use the electric mixer and dough hook attachment but it’s possible to do it by hand too. You can save time using the electric mixer. Mixing will take about 10 minutes by hand but less using the mixer. Mix until the dough is smooth and free from lumps. Rest the dough for about three hours in a warm place, or for as long as it takes to double in size.
After the dough has risen, knead it by hand for about thirty seconds. The dough is now ready to be divided into portions. Ikg of flour will make about four 10 inch/25cm diameter pizzas. We think the easiest way to divide the dough is to roll it into a long sausage shape. From there you can more accurately divide the portions.
Roll out the dough
Flatten the dough ball onto a floured surface and gently spread it out by hand to form a circle. There’s no law against using a rolling pin if you find it easier. The dough is now ready to accept the toppings! Congratulations you’re on your way to making your own delicious New York Pizza.
Thinking of Making it Yourself?
Don’t let the amount of ingredients intimidate you. First, print out the recipe and tick off all the things you already have. Then you will have a small and convenient list to take to the store. Preparation saves time. It’s difficult to resist marching ahead quickly, but getting all your ducks in order helps a lot. Even if it’s chicken you’re cooking.
Make it Now With This Simple Cooking At Home Is Fun Recipe:
New York Pizza
- pizza tray
- mixing bowl
- 1 kg 00 flour sifted
- 4 tsp dried yeast
- 1 ½ cups cold water
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil + 2 tsp
- 2 cups pepperoni sliced
- 4 cups mozzarella
- 2 cups passata
- 4 tbsp oregano
- Heat the oven to 50 degrees. In a stand mixer bowl, combine both waters, add yeast, salt and oil.
- Add flour and mix using a dough hook for around 10 minutes until dough is smooth.
- Turn off oven, then oil a metal bowl and place dough in, covering with cling wrap. Place into oven until dough doubles in size (up to 3 hours or so), now remove it from the oven.
- Preheat oven to maximum temperature, it needs to be seriously hot before you begin.
- Separate dough into 270g balls. Put onto floured tray, cover completely in cling wrap and allow to rise for 30 minutes while the oven is heating up.
- Once the dough has risen again, spread over a lightly floured pizza tray, working from the inside out, forming a puffy edge around the outside. The New York Pizza is a thin base and sometimes handling it too much can make it tear, so we prefer to lay it out and stretch it, but its up to you which way you choose.
- Spread passata over the dough, then sprinkle with oregano. Generously add cheese and evenly distribute the pepperoni.
- Once the oven reaches maximum temperature, bake the pizzas for 12-15 minutes or until the dough is cooked and the cheese is golden brown.