These Fetta Stuffed Lamb Burgers are unmistakably Greek, yet could fit in anywhere!
Being so totally jam-packed with feta and semi sun-dried tomatoes, you can almost hear Nana Mouskouri singing in the background.
Make no mistake, these things are big, fat, Greek and delicious.
Where is The Bread Roll?
A simple question deserves a simple answer! There’s no need for a bread roll, the burger stands on its own. Fetta Stuffed Lamb Burgers offer a really tasty alternative to having the traditional burger in a bun format. They also stand up to the more expensive prime cuts of meat often served. Give it a try and don’t be afraid to really pack in the stuffing, the more the better.
How Much Stuffing Do Fetta Stuffed Lamb Burgers Need?
From our experience, more is better. You can’t add more stuffing once it’s in the pan, so think about it carefully before you start cooking!
The stuffing will reduce in size during the cooking process. And because the meat becomes more firm, the meat to stuffing ratio will change. We think there should be about a 2 to 1 volume of stuffing to meat. We’re not going all vegetarian here, but the content will both compress AND shrink more than the meat. So if you don’t add more than you might think is enough, it might end up being a little less stuffed.
Cooking the Burgers
These burgers need a low to medium heat to cook through fully. You want to take a little time on the grill to ensure that the stuffing cooks though and become one with the lamb casing. Cooking it more slowly will also reduce the risk of burins the outside before the inside is cooked.
Thinking of Making Fetta Stuffed Lamb Burgers Yourself?
Don’t let the amount of ingredients intimidate you. First, print out the recipe and tick off all the things you already have. Then you will have a small and convenient list to take to the store. Preparation saves time. It’s difficult to resist marching ahead quickly, but getting all your ducks in order helps a lot. Even if it’s chicken you’re cooking.
Make it Now With This Simple Cooking At Home Is Fun Recipe:
Fetta Stuffed Lamb Burgers
- medium frying pan
- Burger Press
- 800 g lamb mince
- 1 small brown onion finely diced
- 1 egg
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 cup semi sun-dried
- tomatoes diced
- 2 cups feta
- 1 cup fresh basil
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp pine nuts toasted
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- Use a food processor to make pesto by, adding basil, garlic, parmesan, and pine nuts, until finely chopped, then slowly start pouring in the oil whilst the processor is turned on. Mix well then set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the mince, onion, egg, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper, combine. If the mixture is too wet, add a little more breadcrumbs.
- Take some mince and flatten it in your hand, making a small well shape in the middle. Fill with feta and sun-dried tomatoes, then pull up the sides of the mince to make some walls to protect the middle, enclose with a thin layer of mince over the top.
- Heat oil in a fry-pan, carefully place the hamburger in and cook for 3 minutes, then flip. Put a lid on the frypan and let it cook for 2 minutes. Remove from pan and serve with pesto.