Say hello to our family favorite Chocolate Fudge Slice. This one has been around so long, it’s like it has become a member of the family – just less annoying!
Simple To Make Chocolate Fudge Slice
This is such a super simple slice to make, you might find yourself bringing it along when you visit friends. Make it at home and keep the recipe a secret so they all think you’re a genius! You’ll be sure to get invited around for coffee regularly – oh, can you bring a bit of that slice thingy…? You know it!
Here’s How We Made This Chocolate Fudge Slice
Start by gathering all the ingredients. Put them all out and check the list, it will save you finding out you’re missing a key ingredient after you have passed the point of no return.
Prepare the baking tin NOW! It’s easier to do this before you start cooking and while there’s room on the bench. THere’s also no hot pans to get in the way or sticky messes to avoid touching. Keep it clean and do it early and calmly!
Break the biscuits into large mixing bowl and combine the desiccated coconut before you start cooking.
Finally, make sure you have room in the fridge for the slice to set. Remember it has to be level for it to set evenly.
The smooth combined mixture is complete. Allow it to cool while movie on to other steps.
Pour over the butter mixture.
Use a spatula to combine the butter mixture.
Once the mixture is combined, pour it into the lined baking tray.
Smooth out the mixture using a spatula.
Make the Icing
Again, prepare all the ingredients before you begin. You can use the same bowl as the biscuit mixture. It saves cleaning up!
Combine all and mix together until it’s smooth.
Icing the Chocolate Fudge Cake
Spread the icing with a spatula. Using a warm knife will make it smooth if you want that look. In this one we have kept it rustic.
Make sure you get the icing right into the corners.
Chocolate Fudge Slice Finishing Touches
Sprinkle some coconut over the top while the icing is still wet and spreadable. This allows the coconut to stick.
Here’s how the Chocolate Fudge Slice looks like before refrigerating.
Love it in the fridge for at least four hours before slicing to serve. It’s going to be difficult to wait that long, but you Must! (we say).
Thinking of Making the Chocolate Fudge Slice Yourself?
Don’t let the amount of ingredients intimidate you. First, print out the recipe and tick off all the things you already have. Then you will have a small and convenient list to take to the store. Preparation saves time. It’s difficult to resist marching ahead quickly, but getting all your ducks in order helps a lot. Even if it’s chicken you’re cooking.
Make it Now With This Simple Cooking At Home Is Fun Recipe:
Chocolate Fudge Slice
- medium saucepan
- Baking Tray 20 x 40cm
- 230 g Butter
- 230 g Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Cocoa
- ½ Cup milk
- 1 Packet Marie biscuits
- 115 g Desiccated coconut
- 1 Tsp Butter
- 1 Cup Icing Sugar
- 2 Tsp Cocoa
- 1 Tsp water
- In a small saucepan over low to medium heat, melt butter. Add sugar and cocoa, stir to combine. Add milk and stir continuously until sugar has fully dissolved. Remove from heat and allow to cool a little.
- Prepare a baking tray with baking paper on the bottom. The tray size may vary but we have used 2 x 20cm square trays. You might use one large one, it’s your choice.
- Crush the packet of biscuits by hand in batches to form a consistent sized chunks (Not crumbs). Do this into a mixing bowl, then combine with the desiccated coconut.
- Pour the butter mixture over the biscuits and coconut. Gently turn over to combine. Once combined, pour the butter mixture over the biscuits until. Gently agitate the tray to allow the biscuits to be covered fully.
- Whisk the icing ingredients together in a bowl. Once the icing is a smooth and well-combined liquid, pour it over the biscuit mixture and smooth with a warm knife.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of four hours before cutting.