Make yourself luxurious and delicious Poached Egg Linguini. Pasta and runny egg makes for a very happy plate and a satisfied stomach.
Why Choose This Pasta For Poached Egg Linguini?
Tomato and meat-based dishes suit spaghetti well. Linguini on the other hand, is served with pesto, seafood, or other ingredients. This dish is also about the poached egg which gives it a luxurious taste. The delicately poached egg forms the sauce and we added asparagus tips and parmesan for texture and flavor.
More About Linguini
From the Italian language, the name linguini translates to “little tongues”. It’s in a kind of elliptical shape, meaning that it’s not round like spaghetti, or flat like fettuccine, but lies somewhere between, wider than spaghetti but more narrow than fettuccine. This is a simple meal and quick to make. Master the poached egg and you will make some little tongues happy!
You will need a pasta maker to make linguini. If you have a wonderful electric one, bless your luck. Another great option is to use a pasta roller attached to your stand mixer, again if you have one. If not, one of the hand roller types is also fine. If you simply don’t have access to a pasta maker, buy a packet. It’s still going to work, and the egg is really the hero here anyway.
Thinking of Making Poached Egg Linguini Yourself?
Don’t let the amount of ingredients intimidate you. First, print out the recipe and tick off all the things you already have. Then you will have a small and convenient list to take to the store. Preparation saves time. It’s difficult to resist marching ahead quickly, but getting all your ducks in order helps a lot. Even if it’s chicken you’re cooking.
Make it Now With This Simple Cooking At Home Is Fun Recipe:
Poached Egg Linguini
- mixing bowl
- pasta press
- medium pot
- 2 ½ cups 00 flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 eggs lightly whisked
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 tsp garlic
- 8 asparagus chopped
- 2 rashers bacon chopped
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- ½ cup parmesan shaved
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Sift flour and salt together onto the bench, into a mound.
- Make a well, add in eggs, use your fingertips to blend together, drawing the flour from the outside, until it is a dough.
- Knead dough firmly for 7 minutes until elastic, then divide into 4 portions. Let the dough rest for 10minutes.
- Using a pasta machine, pass through dough until smooth making 1-1.5mm thick. It could take up to 6 times to do this. Once finished, lay the sheet down and cut it into strips 4mm wide.
- Cook immediately – until al dente. Drain and add 3 tbsp olive oil.
- In a fry pan, add butter, garlic, and bacon, cook for 3 minutes. Add in asparagus and cook for 4 minutes.
- In a separate pot, bring water and vinegar to the boil, then reduce to medium heat. Stir the water to make a whirlpool, then slide in egg, cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat. Divide pasta and toppings between 4 bowls, then finish with the egg, salt, pepper and shaved parmesan.